Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tuxedomoon - The Stranger

Not the best quality of video, but since it's one of my favorite Tuxedomoon songs, I was very excited when I stumbled across a video for their song The Stranger.



I don't know a lot about Tuxedomoon, except that they're underground cult favorites from San Francisco. I've been listening to whatever I can find of their's lately, though. I have my friend Li to thank for introducing me to them in a roundabout way. She talks and writes about them from time to time, so eventually when I came across Pinheads on the Move I ended up grabbing it for my collection without even listening to it. It's probably been one of my best impulse grabs in the last few months.

I also have to thank the music blog called The Entroporium for a nice little write up on Tuxedomoon that they did last year that increased my curiousity about the band. You should read it, too....after you finish watching the video!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn @ Entroporium said...

Leilani, thanks for checking out my write-up. I've been pretty inactive lately, so every bit of encouragement helps. For Tuxedomoon, I'd recommend Half-Mute or Desire, especially if you can find the French versions with the first two EPs appended as extra tracks. (Pinheads On The Move was actually sort of an odds & sods compilation of mostly self-released 7"s. Those were the days!) I think itunes now carries pretty much everything Tuxedomoon.

Cheers,
S.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Shawn, I'll definitely look into grabbing those albums the next time I have some extra money. I sort've over-did myself on money spending this weekend and now my music collection is going to have to suffer. Ha.

Your blog is one of my favorites and I am flattered that you chose to comment at all on mine. That whole series you did (that included the Tuxedomoon write up) was very engaging and informative and I loved reading it. I hope to see you actively writing again, soon!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home