Friday, May 11, 2007

Beach House - Master of None

Alright, so I'm a little late to jump on the Beach House bandwagon. Pitchfork gave them a nice little write-up when they released their album in October of 2006 and from then on, they've kind of exploded and as usual with these things, I waited it out before giving them a proper listen. I try not to trust the hype, but you can (maybe) trust me when I say the hype is pretty much worth it. The band's self titled release on Carpark has been on a constant rotation in my house (if you go to my last.fm page, you can see this for yourself...) and I seriously can not get enough of their airy, breezy Mazzy Star meets Nico meets every awesome shoegaze band you could possibly think of-sound.

Anyway, I'm a little brain-dead from my last week of school, so instead of writing a lengthy analyzation of their sound (I'm not very good at that kind of thing, anyway), I'm just going to post a video from youtube of my favorite song off their album called "Master Of None." Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home